Hosted by Mikael Kubista
Professor, Czech Academy of Sciences; Chairman
of the Board, and Founder, TATAA Biocenter, Sweden
Target audience: Quality managers at medical and diagnostic laboratories, Laboratory personnel at medical and diagnostic laboratories, Pathologists, Biobank personnel, Managers and researchers coordinating or performing biomarker studies and trial.
Entrance qualifications: Basic molecular biology or similar
Description: During 2015 The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) released Specifications and the European Committee for standardization (CEN) Technical Specificationsabout the pre-examination process for DNA, RNA and proteins from several sample types including fresh frozen tissue, formalin fixed tissue, blood and serum/plasma. The specifications are based on results from the FP7-funded project SPIDIA. TATAA Biocenter was partner of SPIDIA and contributed to the drafting of the new guidelines. These are of great value for reliable and robust sample handling and preparation in a standardized way to ensure measured data are of high quality and comparable across laboratories. The new guidelines are particularly relevant for accredited laboratories, and also for research and discovery based work, were procedures needs to be standardized and data compared. This course presents the new Specifications and brings them into context for smooth implementation in your laboratory procedures.
The course contains:
• A non-stop high-speed train runs between Rotterdam and Schiphol (Amsterdam airport) every 20 minutes. The journey time is 20 minutes. Cost €22 Euros
• Located in the city centre (surrounded by shops, architecture, museums, restaurants and the Port of Rotterdam)
• Walking distance from the international train station
• Rotterdam – The Hague airport with flights to at least 30 international destinations is a short taxi ride
• A large number of parking facilities can be found in the area
• A wide variety of hotels are within walking distance. (Details will be sent to you in your welcome letter when you register)
In the vibrant heart of the Rotterdam metropolis: you cannot get more central than this. Wherever you are in the world, a World Trade Center is a special place. It is an (inter)national corporate community, in a unique building that meets the highest standards. From high-spec office space to high-tech meeting rooms, shops, restaurants and a wide range of additional services.
Standard registration for those not in the categories below
Click to select