VP Immunology Department, Cellectis
10th-11th Oct 2019
Registration from 8am
London, United Kingdom
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
With our expert speakers from across the pharmaceutical industry and academia explore the latest advances CAR T cell therapies, and the up-and-coming field of T Cell Receptor therapies. Presentations will explore design and development strategies for the modification of patient and donor t cells, receptor engineering and target selection, and will review the advantages and challenges remaining in their use.
“I liked the fact that the conference was really focused … allowing to learn and discuss specific subjects with experts in the field”
“Excellent opportunity to discuss topics in detail and to network”.
“The research sessions were very good and of high quality”
THURSDAY 10TH OCTOBER 2019 – CELLULAR ENGINEERING
Keynote Address: T4 Pan-ERB-Targeted CAR T-Cell Immunotherapy of Head and Neck Cancer: Phase I Trial Results.
JOHN MAHER, Senior Research Fellow, King’s College London
• A CAR has been engineered using a promiscuous ligand that engages 8 distinct ErbB dimer species
• Phase 1 evaluation has been initiated in patients with head and neck cancer, using intra-tumoural delivery and phased dose escalation to mitigate risk
• Fourteen patients have been safely treated to date, at doses of up to 1Bn cells, without DLTs and with an efficacy signal evident.
Keynote Address: A TALEN platform for the engineering of allogeneic CAR T-cells
LAURENT POIROT, VP Immunology Department, Cellectis
• TALEN-mediated gene editing is highly efficacious, precise and specific
• Incorporation of gene-editing in a robust manufacturing process is leveraged to maximize the potential benefits of allogeneic approach in haematological malignancies
• The complexity of genome editing can now be increased to tackle even more difficult cancers.
Morning Refreshments / Poster Presentations
Developing TIL based treatment for solid tumours
ROBERT HAWKINS, CEO Immetacyte Ltd /Honorary Professor Medical Oncology, University of Manchester
• Background to TIL therapy and potential benefits in solid tumours
• Clinical results in melanoma
• Pre-clinical data in other tumours
• Engineering TIL to produce second generation products
Beyond CD19: multi-targeted adoptive cell therapy for solid tumors
STEFFEN WALTER, CSO, Immatics US
CAR-T therapies are revolutionizing the treatment of haematologic malignanices but have shown limited success in solid tumors. TCR-T based approaches have delivered historically better response rates in solid tumors, but are critically lacking validated targets for large cancer indications. XPRESIDENT® is the leading platform for the discovery of novel targets for all types of TCR-T therapy. XCEPTOR® is a leading platform for the discovery of affinity-tuned, safer T-cell receptors. Together, these technologies have enabled a pipeline of clinical-stage adoptive cell therapy programs, namely ACTolog® and ACTengine®, which include one of the first clinical trials to apply multi-targeted TCR-T to solid tumor patients
NK Cell Stimulation Using Membrane Bound IL-21
ROBERT IGARASHI, CSO, Cytosen Therapeutics
• Addressing the needed for an effective and robust methodology for efficient production of large doses of NK cells with high anti-tumor potency
• NK cell stimulation for production of high dosages and repeat dosages of highly potent NK cells.
• Advancing clinical development of NK cell therapeutics for treatment of AML in the near future
The potential of natural killer cells as novel therapeutics
BOB VALAMEHR (Reserved), Vice President of Cancer Immunotherapy, Fate Therapeutics
Engineering NK cell formats
Rivogenlecleucel (Rivo-cel™): Making a Difference in Pediatric Leukemias & Orphan Blood Disorders
KAI CHAN, VP EU Head of Medical Affairs, Bellicum Pharmaceuticals
Networking Drinks Reception
FRIDAY 11TH OCTOBER 2019 – CASE STUDIES & STRATEGIES
Keynote address: TCR-modified adoptive cell therapies: Innovation for the future
DOLORES SCHENDEL, CEO and CSO, Medigene
• First generation TCR-Ts are in numerous clinical studies
• Innovations will alter new generation TCR-Ts going forward
• Innovations have potential to change safety and efficacy of cellular products
• Innovations can improve manufacturing and reduce cost of goods
Understanding drivers of clinical pharmacology for engineered T cell products
CEDRIK BRITTEN, Head of Oncology Cell Therapy Research Unit (OCT RU), GSK
• Selection of antigen(s) for CAR/TCR T cells
• Design of immune-receptor constructs
• Efficacy-enhancement technologies to drive benefit in patients with solid cancer
• Selection of dose for CAR/TCR-T
• Update on clinical development of GSK3377794 (NY-ESO TCR-T)
Morning Refreshments / Poster Presentations
Starting up clinical trials with TCR-modified T cells in solid cancers
MONA WELSCHOF, Director Clinical Development, Zelluna Therapeutics
• Introduction of Zelluna’s TCR-modified T cell Approach
• Pinpointing the importance of understanding the regulatory pathways and early interactions with regulatory authorities
• Discussion of the various operational challenges in setting up adoptive cell therapy trials
Exploring the regulatory landscape for cell therapies
VICKI COUTINHO (Reserved), Senior Director Regulatory Affairs, Autolus
Combining Innate and Adaptive Immunity: Using NK Receptors for CAR T Cell Therapy
PEGGY SOTIROPOULOU, Director, Research & Development, Celyad
• Leveraging NKG2D receptor for cancer immunotherapy
• Autologous NKG2D-based CAR T cells to target hematopoietic and solid tumours
• Non-gene edited allogeneic NKG2D-based CAR T cell therapy
GUCY2C CAR-T cell Therapy for Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
ADAM SNOOK, Assistant Professor of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Thomas Jefferson University
Guanylyl cyclase C (GUCY2C) is a cell surface receptor expressed in the apical brush border membrane of intestinal epithelial cells and an emerging target for cancer immunotherapy. GUCY2C is expressed throughout the intestinal tumorigenesis processes from benign adenomas to metastatic adenocarcinomas in nearly all colorectal cancers, making it an attractive target for cancer immunotherapy. Here, I describe our approach to develop an adoptive cell therapy (ACT) paradigm employing T cells engineered to express a chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) targeting GUCY2C. In preclinical studies, GUCY2C CAR-T cells eliminated bulky colorectal cancer metastases, without toxicity, positioning this therapy for translation to clinical studies in patients with colorectal cancer, the 3rd leading cause of cancer-related death in the world.
Advancing CAR T products for targeting solid tumors to the clinic
CHRIS KLOSS (Reserved), Scientist, Janssen
Chair’s Closing Remarks / Conference Close
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Bath Road, Harlington, Hayes, Middlesex, UB3 5AN
The London Heathrow Marriott Hotel provides a welcoming home away from home for business and leisure guests and is conveniently located half a mile from the airport. Stretch out in one of our beautiful guest rooms, which boast soundproof windows, pillowtop bedding and high-speed Internet access. Treat yourself to delicious dining at one of our several hotel restaurants and bars, including Tuscany Ristorante, Cast Iron Grill and THE SEVENS. Additional perks include on-site parking & free Wi-Fi in the lobby and public areas of the hotel. Staying fit here in London is easy, thanks to our modern Leisure Club and heated indoor pool. Our award winning, interactive meeting venues provide the flexibility you need to host a truly successful event. Winners of the London Venue Awards and the European Hotel Design Awards for Best Hotel Event Space.
There are some terms and conditions to meet, but nothing too onerous. A free pass gives you all the benefits detailed opposite.
Option 1 – Please phone +44 (0) 1865 849841 and we will take your details over the phone
Option 2 – Please complete the form below to pay online
Poster presentation sessions will take place in breaks and alongside the other breakout sessions of the conference. Your presentation will be displayed in a dedicated area, with the other accepted posters from industry and academic presenters.
We also issue a poster eBook to all attendees with your full abstract in and can share your poster as a PDF after the meeting if you desire (optional).
Whether looking for funding, employment opportunities or simply wanting to share your work with a like-minded and focused group, these are an excellent way to join the heart of this congress.
In order to present a poster at the forum you need to be registered as a delegate. Please note that there is limited space available and poster space is assigned on a first come first served basis (subject to checks and successful registration).
We charge an admin fee of £100 to industry delegates to present, that goes towards the shared cost of providing the poster presentation area and display boards, guides etc. This fee is waived for those representing academic institutions and not for profit organisations.
We will require the form (downloadable below) to be submitted by the 20th September. This is the formal deadline however space is another limiting factor so early application is recommended. Therefore please contact us with any questions you have as soon as possible
Our sponsorship packages offer a wide range of attendance options to suit your budget and business needs in order to maximise return on investment.
If there is any other way you would like to sponsor or increase branding for your company at the event, please get in touch and we will be able to offer you a bespoke service.
Select which delegates you would like to meet in a series of prearranged twenty-minute one-to-one meetings, held during breakout sessions from the main conference agenda. Our conference team will be available at the sessions to ensure all your meetings take place on time.
Host your own half or full day pre or post event workshop to a dedicated audience around a subject of your choice. Global Engage will assist with the marketing of your workshop to provide a guaranteed audience.
Market to our event database and / or increase brand awareness through taking a poster position or sponsoring one of the refreshment breaks, lunches, drinks receptions or poster sessions. This can be supplemented by branding options such as placing your logo on the attendee lanyards or conference bags.
Showcase your technologies and products throughout the conference in the dedicated exhibition areas where all refreshment breaks and lunches take place, as well as the networking drinks reception at the end of day one.
For further details please contact
Nick Best or Tony Couch
Telephone +44 (0) 1865 849841 or
email [email protected]
Call us on +44 (0)1865 849 841
For details on attendees, packages and new opportunities, please contact our sponsorship team who will quickly provide everything you need to assess the conference for yourself.