29th Nov 2018
Postillion Convention Centre WTC Rotterdam
Hosted by Filip Stern
NGS project manager
Filip has worked in the field of NGS for several years, both within the academic and the private sector. Currently he is responsible for NGS activities at TATAA Biocenter and has been both developing and validated NGS methods/library preparations. He has experience from a broad range of different NGS applications throughout various collaborations
This course gives an introduction to Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and its many applications. The course will focus on considerations for the NGS experiment design, the different sequencing platforms, quality control of samples, library preparation techniques, and quantification of libraries for sequencing.
Introduction to NGS:
Sample preparation and quality control:
• A non-stop high-speed train runs between Rotterdam and Schiphol (Amsterdam airport) every 20 minutes. The journey time is 20 minutes. Cost €22 Euros
• Located in the city centre (surrounded by shops, architecture, museums, restaurants and the Port of Rotterdam)
• Walking distance from the international train station
• Rotterdam – The Hague airport with flights to at least 30 international destinations is a short taxi ride
• A large number of parking facilities can be found in the area
• A wide variety of hotels are within walking distance. (Details will be sent to you in your welcome letter when you register)
In the vibrant heart of the Rotterdam metropolis: you cannot get more central than this. Wherever you are in the world, a World Trade Center is a special place. It is an (inter)national corporate community, in a unique building that meets the highest standards. From high-spec office space to high-tech meeting rooms, shops, restaurants and a wide range of additional services.
Standard registration for those not in the categories below